Logistic dictionary online – letter OFebruary 28, 2020
Logistic dictionary online – letter RFebruary 28, 2020
- Seal – a device used for containers, trucks and wagons to ensure that they remain closed during transport
- POD / Port Of Discharge – port of unloading
- POL – Port Of Loading – the port of loading
- repacking / co-packing – providing services such as repacking goods from collective packaging into unitary products, separating display goods, creating sets, or combining individual products into multipacks, labeling, foiling, all product marking
- oversized transport – loads exceeding standard dimensions (length, width, height) or only one of the dimensions even by one centimeter – refers to the size of the cargo space as well as the maximum external dimensions of the means of transport; permissible total mass of the load and means of transport in relation to applicable norms; permissible axle load and / or axles of the standard means of transport.
- PSS / Peak Season Surcharge – periodic seasonal supplement introduced at times when demand for freight in a given market is rising and shipowners are not able to increase the basic freight rates because they have been set for a longer period.