Logistic dictionary online – letter HFebruary 28, 2020
Logistic dictionary online – letter JFebruary 28, 2020
- import – importing goods from abroad to the country
- IMDG / International Maritime Dangerous Goods / International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code – Code on the classification of dangerous goods, as required by international law
- incoterms / international trade formulas – A set of international rules developed by ICC (International Chambre Commerce) for the interpretation of the main terms of delivery used in foreign trade contracts. The formulas specify the rights and obligations of the seller and buyer regarding:
- responsibility for packaging, transport, transport insurance, transport and customs documentation,
fees for the above,
risk transfer (where and when does the risk pass from seller to buyer)
indos / endorsement – giving a given person the right to collect goods with the recipient’s signature on the reverse side of the bill of lading
- intermodal transport units / Intermodal Transport Unit / ITU – containers, swap bodies and semi-trailers suitable for combined transport
- Intrastat – Declaration which is a source of data on the trade of Poland with other European Union countries. The obligation to submit Intrastat declarations is imposed on entities defined in the Customs Law, conducting intra-Community trade in goods whose value exceeds the value of the so-called statistical thresholds.
- ISPS / International Ship & Port Facility Security fee – a fee charged by shipowners and seaports in connection with the imposed obligation to increase the overall level of security.