Logistic dictionary online – letter CFebruary 28, 2020
Logistic dictionary online – letter EFebruary 28, 2020
- declaration / cargo declaration – a document required by the customs authorities containing details of the load (freight) transported by commercial / commercial means of transport
- Dem demmurage – the fee due to the shipowner for keeping a full container in port for a specified period of time
- Det detention – the fee due to the shipowner for keeping the container on the means of transport
- DGR / Dangerous Goods Regulations – a set of regulations governing the manner of transport and documentation of dangerous air shipments.
- door to door – door-to-door delivery, for example, from China, from a manufacturer of goods in China to a store in Poland
- dock / dock – a type of artificial swimming pool in the port with appropriate facilities for the renovation, construction, loading or unloading of ships
- transshipment dock / transshipment station – a bridge mounted in the opening of a warehouse building, comprehensively equipped with mechanical devices, adapted for loading and unloading means of external transport.
- document komygnacyjny / consignment note / list of transport / waybill – a document constituting evidence of the conclusion of a contract for the transport of one quota from a specific place of loading to a specific place of loading
- delivery note / proof of delivery – receipt signed by the recipient on delivery
- small cargo / general cargo – loads transported in individual pieces
- road list transport / road consignment note – a document constituting evidence of a contract for the carriage of goods by road
- 20-foot equivalent unit / 20 feet equivalent unit / TEU – unit of measure corresponding to one 20-foot container
- DWT / dead weight tonnage – load capacity
- distribution – all activities ensuring the customer’s availability of goods in the required quantity, quality, place and time