Incoterms 2020February 27, 2020
List of logistic abbreviations – letter AFebruary 27, 2020
Incoterms FCA (Free Carrier) now offers the additional option of making a note on the bill of lading before loading the goods on a ship.
- Costs are now centralized at A9 / B9 of each Incoterm rule.
- CIP now requires at least one insurance with the minimum coverage of the Institute’s Charge Clause (A) (all risk, subject to detailed exclusions).
- The CIF requires at least insurance with the minimum coverage of the Institute’s Charge Clause (C) (Number of risks listed, subject to detailed exclusions).
- The rules of Incoterms Free Carrier (FCA), Delivered to location (DAP), Delivered to place without load (DPU) and Delivered Duty Paid (DDP) now take into account that goods can be transported without the participation of any external carrier, that is, using your own means of transport.
- The rule delivered to the terminal (DAT) was changed to delivered to the downloaded location (DPU) to clarify that the destination location can be any location and not just a “terminal”.
- Incoterms 2020 now explicitly transfers responsibility for security-related requirements and additional costs to the seller.